Carrot and pistachio cupcake
The Food for thought post series contains 2 sections – Food for thought and food for body. Food for body (recipe) section can be found towards the end of this post. The entire recipe list can be found under Food for Thought tab in the main menu at the top of the page.
Food for thought | Is it worth it to forgive people who ask for forgiveness sincerely?
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. – Matthew 6
21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Food for body | Carrot and pistachio cupcake
Carrot and pistachio cupcake
This Carrot and pistachio cupcake is moreish and have the vegetable goodness!
- 140 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 140 grams sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil I used sunflower oil
- handfull of pistachio (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan. Prepare 12 silicone cupcake moulds. Alternatively use a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Prepare the ingredients listed under ingredients.
- Combine all the listed cupcake ingredients (self raising flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, oil, eggs and carrot and pistachio) until just combined. Do not over mix as it will result in a dense cupcake.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared cupcake cases till it’s not more than 3/4th of the case.
- Bake for 22 – 28 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of each cup cake comes out clean. Un mould from the silicone cases and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.