Is God a Harsh Judge or a Loving Father?
The Food for thought post series contains 2 sections – Food for thought and food for body. Food for body (recipe) section can be found towards the end of this post.
Food for thought | Is God a Harsh Judge or a Loving Father?
Can the Judge of the Supreme court in a country be a Judge and at the same time a loving Father to his children? We can relate to that when a human can fulfill both the roles of a Judge and Father. Much more with God.. God is a Righteous Judge and a Loving Father. God is not a Harsh judge, but the most righteous Judge and the one whom we can trust to Judge fairly without partiality. At the same time He is a Loving Father also..
12 Art thou not from everlasting, O Lord my God, mine Holy One?
13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity:
God is Just.. The sense of demanding justice is deep within us. If we being humans have this much sense of justice, How much more our Creator God would be Just seeing that He is the essence of Justice and He cannot tolerate the presence of iniquity.
Everything would be judged.
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment – Hebrew 9:27
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
It’s TRUE that God is a Judge, but not a Harsh corrupt Judge, but THE Righteous Judge.
At the same time God is a loving Father…
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
17 Jesus saith unto her, but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father;
15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God is the Righteous Judge and at the same time the Loving Heavenly Father.
Food for body | Cashew and Ginger cupcake
Cashew and Ginger cupcake
This cashew and ginger cupcake can be made with plain flour and gluten free flour. I made this as part of this Gluten free cupcake platter recipe, link – https://salomeslittleworld.com/gluten-free-cup-cake-platter If you would like to make only specific flavours top up the cupcakes only with your chosen ingredients. For each individual cupcakes, please go through the detailed step by step instructions and pictures which will help you bake these cupcakes. Enjoy 🙂
Base cupcake ingredients:
- 150 grams gluten-free self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
Top up ingredients:
- 25 grams pears cut into small pieces
- 25 grams apple cut into small pieces
- handful of peanuts and raisins
- cashew nuts ((can use chopped or whole cashew nuts))
- zest of half a lemon (use zest of whole one lemon if its small)
- zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon dessicated coconut
- crushed cardamom seeds.
- 1/8 teaspoon cocoa powder for each chocolate flavoured cupcake
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon powder for each cinnamon flavoured cupcake (Make it 1/4 teaspoon if you like cinnamon)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder ( For the cashew and ginger cupcake.)
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan. Prepare 12 silicone cupcake moulds. Alternatively use a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Prepare the ingredients listed under Top up ingredients as in picture below.
- Combine all the listed Base cupcake ingredients(self raising flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, oil, eggs) until just combined. Do not over mix as it will result in a dense cupcake.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared cupcake cases till it’s half filled.
Add the ingredients listed under Top up ingredients to the half filled cupcake mixture as in the picture below. While adding ginger powder, mix ginger powder first and then add cashew nuts and mix well again. Use a skewer to mix.
If required, top up the cupcake mixture in the cases.The mixture should not be more than 3/4th of the case.
- Bake for 22 – 28 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of each cup cake comes out clean. Un mould from the silicone cases and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- I used store bought Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing. The cupcakes taste good without icing also.
Notes : The cupcakes taste better after a couple of hours.
Rights Reserved ©salomeslittleworld.com